LLTI Archives

July 2003, Week 1

From:
Date:
Mon, 7 Jul 2003 08:11:19 EDT
--- Forwarded Message from Joseph Kautz <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Thu, 3 Jul 2003 10:43:15 -0700 (PDT)
>From: Joseph Kautz <[log in to unmask]>
>To: LLTI-Editor <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Using Disk Images of Language CD ROMS in Lab

Hello.  We would like to try creating disk images of some of our Language
CD-ROM titles so that students will not have to have their CDs with them
in order to use the software. (Win2K PCs)  If anyone has done this or
otherwise put the CDROM content on the lab harddrives, I would appreciate
hearing what was required.  Is it as easy as editing a pathname in a .ini
file?  This would be on win2k PCs only.  Joseph

Joseph Kautz
Director, Stanford Digital Language Lab
tel (650) 725-1615

"One thing I have learned in a long life: that all our science
measured against reality, is primitive and childlike
- and yet it is the most precious thing we have. Albert Einstein