LLTI Archives

July 2003, Week 1

From:
Date:
Mon, 7 Jul 2003 08:11:23 EDT
--- Forwarded Message from Jack Burston <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Thu, 03 Jul 2003 15:03:23 -0400
>From: Jack Burston <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Fuentes audio program
>To: Calico discussion list <[log in to unmask]>,       Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum <[log in to unmask]>

------------------
Dear Colleagues,

I'm in the process of transferring the audio lab program that accompanies
the Spanish Fuentes textbook (Conversacción y gramática, 2nd ed.) to central
server storage for LAN distribution to students.  I have, of course,
requested copyright permission to redigitize the CDs. Ripping the CDs is
easy enough, but then the resulting files need to be resegmented in order to
provide students with direct access to individual exercises.  I'm hoping
someone out there may have already done the resegmenting and may be able to
save me hours of work by providing me with a copy (plus the corresponding

In case you might not be aware, it is precisely to accommodate requests such
as mine that IALLT has created the Digital Exchange. If you have already
(re)digitized courseware audio programs, I would encourage you to contact
Jeffrey Samuels ([log in to unmask]) to add your materials to the
database.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can assist me.  Jack

--
Jack Burston, Ph.D.
Director

Phone: (585) 475-3156