LLTI Archives

June 2003, Week 2

From:
Date:
Mon, 9 Jun 2003 15:59:41 EDT
--- Forwarded Message from Judy Shoaf <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Fri, 06 Jun 2003 22:43:56 -0400
>To: Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum    <[log in to unmask]>
>From: Judy Shoaf <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Re: #7177 reel to CD

------------------
Not a joke! we had a reel-to-reel-to-digital setup, but it turned out that
the player did not modulate the sound very well so we ran it through a tape
deck to have some control. It was a substantial project and I had one
student assistant in charge of it. About the time she finished I was
visiting LA and was tickled to find a t-shirt with a reel-to-reel player
printed on it, which I gave her as a memento of her efforts.
My all-time favorite piece of technological wizardry was a record, of the
shiny black type--I think it was a 78 rpm--labelled something like
"Tomorrow's media."  It was kicking around the equipment room for a long time.

Judy Shoaf