LLTI Archives

June 2003, Week 1

From:
Date:
Tue, 3 Jun 2003 13:34:58 EDT
--- Forwarded Message from Joseph Kautz <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Mon, 2 Jun 2003 15:36:32 -0700 (PDT)
>From: Joseph Kautz <[log in to unmask]>
>To: LLTI-Editor <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Portable Digital Voice Recorders

Some of my instructors are looking for a good portable digital voice
recorder. The key features would be sound/mic quality and flexibility in
sound format. They want to avoid sound formats that might
require special proprietary software for playback.   Does anyone have any
suggestions/experience?  USB would be the preferred means of transfer.

Joseph Kautz
Director, Stanford Digital Language Lab
tel (650) 725-1615

"Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time." Steven Wright