LLTI Archives

June 2003, Week 1

From:
Date:
Wed, 4 Jun 2003 16:01:00 EDT
--- Forwarded Message from Derek Roff <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Tue, 03 Jun 2003 12:48:54 -0600
>From: Derek Roff <[log in to unmask]>
>To: Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Re: #7169 mixer with 5 V DC

I wonder if a standard mixer with Phantom Power for microphones would
work.  We have used Mackie, Behringer, and Nady mixers with various
power-needing microphones.  As I remember it, the mics specify 1.5,
5, 12 and 48 volts, or Phantom Power mixers.  I find this voltage
variation mysterious (hence the name "Phantom"?).  Our use has been
for field and studio recording situations, rather than a lab.  We
sometimes buy mixers from Musician's Friend
<www.musiciansfriend.com>.

Derek