LLTI Archives

May 2003, Week 5

From:
Date:
Thu, 29 May 2003 08:05:39 EDT
--- Forwarded Message from Andrew Ross <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Tue, 27 May 2003 13:35:29 -0400
>Subject: Re: #7143.5 BYU Placement Tests (!)
>From: Andrew Ross <[log in to unmask]>
>To: Language Learning and Technology International Information    Forum   <[log in to unmask]>

------------------
Hi, Georgia:

You can import into Excel, too, and do the table sort.  Open a simple text
editor such as Notepad or Wordpad.  Copy the contents of the admin window
and paste into a text editor document.  Save it.  In Excel, choose "Open
..." and select the document.  It should prompt you for a format.  Choose
"Delimited" and select a comma as the separator.  This should place all
items in columns and rows.  The advantage to this way of doing things is
that you can run calculations on the scores without exporting them to some
other application first.

Hope this helps (I'm kind of doing this from memory, since I don't yet have
a PC here ...)

Best,

a.

--

Andrew F. Ross, Ph.D.
Director, Language Resource Center

(401)863-7010

"Worrying about a large institution, especially when it has computers, is
like worrying about a large gorilla, especially when it's on fire." -- Bruce
Sterling