LLTI Archives

May 2003, Week 3

From:
Date:
Tue, 20 May 2003 14:05:07 EDT
--- Forwarded Message from Daniel Tom <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Mon, 19 May 2003 09:30:24 -1000
>From: Daniel Tom <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: RE: #7156 permission to make audio CDs
>To: Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum    <[log in to unmask]>

------------------
Jim,

We have been distributing audio CDs to students in our Spanish and German
programs.  Both programs use textbooks published by McGraw-Hill and come
with audio CDs.  On the inside of the Tapescript that accompanies the audio
materials is a standard permission form which states:

McGraw-Hill is pleased to grant you permission to duplicate and/or network
the accompanying audiocassettes/CDs and/or MHELT software under the
following conditions only:

1. That only students enrolled in your language program will receive copies
of the tapes/CDs/
   software.
2. That the tapes/CDs/software are not sold to or by students or any other
individual for
   profit.
3. That the tapes/CDs/software will only be distributed, played, and/or
networked during such
   time as this McGraw-Hill textbook is used by your language program.

All you need to do is fill in the name of the textbook and your school and
sign that you agree to the terms stated and send it in.

Daniel Tom
Language Learning Center
University of Hawaii
E-mail:  [log in to unmask]