LLTI Archives

May 2003, Week 3

From:
Date:
Mon, 19 May 2003 08:14:14 EDT
--- Forwarded Message from James Hogg <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Fri, 16 May 2003 15:05:55 -0400
>From: James Hogg <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: permission to make audio CDs
>To: Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum    <[log in to unmask]>

------------------
Hello,

I am wondering if anyone has ever asked for permission from publishers
to make audio CD copies for students. We have been making cassette
copies for students upon request. Audio CDs would be an extension of
this, but somehow I feel that publishers wouldn't allow CDs to be
copied. The latest editions of books we are using for next year only
come with Audio CD programs. I could make cassette masters of the CDs
to copy for students, but fewer and fewer students have cassette
machines.

Thank you, jim