LLTI Archives

May 2003, Week 3

From:
Date:
Mon, 19 May 2003 08:14:07 EDT
--- Forwarded Message from Betty Woerner <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Fri, 16 May 2003 12:25:51 -0700 (PDT)
>From: Betty Woerner <[log in to unmask]>
>To: LLTI-Editor <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Monitor functions for French

Our French dept. uses our old Sony tape lab to monitor classes while they
do their individual tape exercises.  The lab is falling apart and we need
to come up with something, hopefully not Sony, Tandberg, ASC or similar,
that will allow them to listen in while students are doing oral
exercises, preferably as audio files in a voiceover situation.
We just had a demo of UC Berkeley's LangLab, which flunked miserably.  Is
there anything else out there?  Our fallback position would have to be a
wireless tape lab, but I hate to sink money into tape technology.

Ideas?

Thanks,
Betty Woerner
Media Librarian