LLTI Archives

May 2003, Week 2

From:
Date:
Tue, 13 May 2003 17:46:58 EDT
--- Forwarded Message from Bradley Gano <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Mon, 12 May 2003 18:37:49 -0400
>To: Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum               <[log in to unmask]>
>From: Bradley Gano <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Updated Info: Two Positions at the Yale Center for Language Study

------------------
As promised, this is a follow-up message with details about the two
positions open at the Yale CLS. (When I sent my last message, only one of
the two had been posted officially.)

The first posting is a brand new position and is tentatively titled
Assistant Director for Program Development. In my previous message to LLTI,
I described this position in some detail. To read the posting (which
contains the list of essential duties), or for information on how to apply,
go to:
http://www.yale.edu/hronline/placement/
(You can find the posting by searching the Managerial and Professional
postings for the requisition number CDCN19670. The position is classified
as "Coordinator IV" on the HR web site. The position reports to me, so
please feel free to contact me directly if you have any questions.)

The second posting is the position of Technology Services Coordinator. This
is a replacement for a current staff member who will be leaving us in the
fall to attend graduate school. As a member of the Language Technology
Services team, the Technology Services Coordinator oversees a variety of
service and support initiatives, including supporting FL teachers with
smart classrooms, computer labs, computer-based testing, and digital video
editing. This person is also involved with scheduling multimedia facilities
at the CLS, fulfilling media-related service requests, and maintaining a
pool of small equipment (laptops, cameras, etc.) for loans to faculty. This
position will report to the Manager of Language Technology Services.

More information:
http://www.yale.edu/hronline/placement/
(You can find the posting by searching the Managerial and Professional
postings for the requisition number CDCM19711. It is listed as "Coordinator
II - User Services Coordinator" on the HR web site.)

In all likelihood, we will begin scheduling interviews for both positions
in early June.

Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions about either position.

best,

Brad Gano

Bradley Gano
Associate Director