LLTI Archives

May 2003, Week 2

From:
Date:
Mon, 12 May 2003 15:37:21 EDT
--- Forwarded Message from Keola Donaghy <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Fri, 09 May 2003 07:44:52 -1000
>From: Keola Donaghy <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Re: #7148.3 iTunes 4 (!)
>To: Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum    <[log in to unmask]>
>Cc: [log in to unmask]

------------------
Penei ka OEölelo a Language Learning and Technology International
Information Forum              <[log in to unmask]>:
>MP3 files, by the way, do not really stream. It is very easy to download
>them.

You can stream MP3s quite easily, without a special server. You simply
need to create a meta file with the URL of the MP3, and send the correct
Content-Type header, audio/x-mpegurl m3u. I created a little 2 line PHP
script that automates this process. I originally did something like this
in the UserTalk language (the programming language in Frontier) for http
streaming of RealAudio files.

This link points to that script, and the file that this URL points to will
stream...

http://nahoahoa.olelo.hawaii.edu/~keola/php/meta.php?f=oleloPokole.mp3

If anyone is interested in the script let me know. I've been toying with
the idea of using this with iTunes 4 in some way, I just haven't figured
out what I want to do yet.

Keola

Keola Donaghy
Hawaiian Language Curriculum and Technology Coordinator
Native Hawaiian Serving Institution Program
University of Hawai'i at Hilo

[log in to unmask]        http://www.uhh.hawaii.edu/~nhsi
Kualono                           http://www.olelo.hawaii.edu/