LLTI Archives

May 2003, Week 2

From:
Date:
Fri, 9 May 2003 13:38:04 EDT
--- Forwarded Message from "Cantu, Chris" <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Subject: RE: #7148.1 iTunes 4 (!)
>Date: Thu, 8 May 2003 13:43:39 -0500
>From: "Cantu, Chris" <[log in to unmask]>
>To: "Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum"    <[log in to unmask]>

------------------
If I were you, I would use Apple's QuickTime Streaming server.  There is
a free version that is not supported and a paid version which is
supported.  As with all thinks from Apple, it is easy to setup and
manage.  The only drawback is that you will have to convert your audio
files to QuickTime format.  This can be done easily and cheaply as well.
You will spend about $30 for QuickTime Pro.

We just purchased an Xserve so that we could stream video and audio
files.  We have a few minor conversion issues.  For the most part,
things have been great.

Regards,

Chris