LLTI Archives

May 2003, Week 2

From:
Date:
Thu, 8 May 2003 14:16:08 EDT
--- Forwarded Message from David Herren <[log in to unmask]> ---

------------------
On Wednesday, May 7, 2003, at 04:43  PM, LLTI-Editor wrote:

> I am thinking of using iTunes 4 for delivering audio materials in our
> language center. With its Sharing function it is possible to put the
> files on one computer and share them with the others in the center. I
> am not interested in providing the files beyond the language center's
> walls. Has anyone else experimented with iTunes 4 and thought of using
> it in a language center setting?

One thing to keep in mind is that there is a limit to the number of
simultaneous connections allowed to a shared playlist--I believe 3
connections was more or less arbitrarily selected as that limit to
appease recording industry types.

> One thing I would like to figure out is, if it is possible to organize
> playlists into folders. I'd like to have folders for languages, then
> subfolders for textbooks, then subfolders for chapters which would
> contain the audio tracks. This may not be possible at this time.

The only thing you can do at this point is to set up multiple shares to
individual playlists.

> Ah, if iTunes would only record too...

/david