LLTI Archives

May 2003, Week 1

From:
Date:
Thu, 1 May 2003 15:43:59 EDT
--- Forwarded Message from jeremy c munson <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2003 21:38:10 -0700 (PDT)
>From: jeremy c munson <[log in to unmask]>
>To: Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum    <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Re: #7135.6 lab attendance tracking (!)

You raise an interesting point, and in an ideal world, I think you are
correct; however, it's my understanding that in these times of budget
cuts, there are powers outside of the language lab asking the labs to
justify their budgets, staffing, and even space resources. Hence a good
tracking system (with actual students to track) serves as 'ammunition' in
these times of budget cuts and space disputes.