LLTI Archives

May 2003, Week 1

From:
Date:
Thu, 1 May 2003 15:43:54 EDT
--- Forwarded Message from Ambra Neri <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Thu, 01 May 2003 12:41:45 +0200
>From: Ambra Neri <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: speech recognition based CALL
>To: [log in to unmask]

Hi all,

I am new subscriber and I am looking for authoring
systems/toolkits/programs to develop speech-enabled courseware to teach
pronunciation in a L2, possibly open-source. I checked the archives but
were not able to find anything.
What I am looking for is something that can communicate with a speech
recognizer, either external (to be added) or already integrated within the
program.
I know BlueGlas and EduSpeak (they are ok but would need some adjustments
and the source codes are not available...), I am trying to see if the CSLU
toolkit could work for my purpose, which is providing feedback on
pronunciation by means of automatic speech recognition.
I myself have teaching and training (exercises) material, and I have the
facilities to develop an external speech recognizer or to train an
existing, built-in speech recognizer for the L2 in question (Dutch).

thank you for your help
Ambra

Ambra Neri - Ph.D Student
A2RT, Dept. of Language & Speech      http://lands.let.kun.nl
Univ. of Nijmegen                                Tel: +31-24-3616045
P.O. Box 9103                                    Fax: +31-24-3612907
6500 HD Nijmegen                               [log in to unmask]
The Netherlands