LLTI Archives

May 2003, Week 1

From:
Date:
Thu, 1 May 2003 15:44:02 EDT
--- Forwarded Message from Samantha Earp <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2003 13:00:18 -0400
>From: Samantha Earp <[log in to unmask]>
>To: [log in to unmask]
>Subject: recommendation for digital audio recorder (mp3)

------------------
Hi everyone,

I'm looking for a recommendation for digital audio recorders (mp3 format).

My primary interest in this is to have something to check out to
students and faculty who wish to record interviews, conversations, etc.

We've been doing this so far with plain old Walkman-style analog audio
cassette recorders, but I would like to eliminate the step of capturing
the audio. I'm interested in MP3 format because it's fairly all-purpose
and suits a number of logistical and technical needs on our end.

I'm looking for something sturdy, easy to use, ideally with mike and
headphone jacks and the ability to set the sampling rate to higher or
lower quality as needed.

The Mambo X (http://www.mambox.com/P350.htm) has a product that
addresses many of these needs (and has many other cool features that are
not necessary a high priority for us). Does anyone have any experience
with this or similar products? Any recommendations?

Thanks,
Samantha