LLTI Archives

May 2003, Week 1

From:
Date:
Tue, 6 May 2003 12:59:59 EDT
--- Forwarded Message from "Ross, Andrew" <[log in to unmask]> ---

>From: "Ross, Andrew" <[log in to unmask]>
>To: "'Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum'"     <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: RE: #7143 BYU Placement Tests
>Date: Mon, 5 May 2003 13:49:07 -0400

------------------
Hi, Georgia:

At the University of Richmond, we take the comma-delimited file produced by
CAPE (you can find it by clicking on the version information on the splash
page and entering the admin password), export it to Excel, and e-mail it to
the registrar at the end of every scheduled testing day.  Then, as students
take the placement exams over the course of the year, we send those scores
along in the same format, with (in both cases) notations as to placement in
courses or exemption from the language requirement.

Hope this helps,

a.

Andrew F. Ross, Ph.D.
Director, Multimedia Language Lab
G15 Puryear Hall
University of Richmond,  VA   23173
Tel: (804) 287-6838

"Worrying about a large institution, especially when it has computers is
like worrying about a large gorilla, especially when it's on fire." -- Bruce
Sterling