LLTI Archives

May 2003, Week 1

From:
Date:
Tue, 6 May 2003 12:59:46 EDT
--- Forwarded Message from "Carol Reitan" <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Mon, 05 May 2003 10:59:59 -0700
>From: "Carol Reitan" <[log in to unmask]>
>To: <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Re: #7143 BYU Placement Tests

Hi,

Although we're only using one language placement test currently, we
plan to add two more in the near future. We've decided to create a new
email account for each language tested. Then one person from each
language section will volunteer or be appointed to be responsible for
taking care of the results for their language section.

_______________________
Carol H. Reitan
Language Center/Instructor of French
City College of San Francisco
R205, 50 Phelan Avenue
San Francisco, CA 94112
(415)452-5555
_____________________________
http://fog.ccsf.edu/~creitan
_____________________________

>>> [log in to unmask] 05/05/03 10:15AM >>>
--- Forwarded Message from Georgia Schlau <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Mon, 05 May 2003 11:38:10 -0400
>From: Georgia Schlau <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: BYU Placement Tests
>To: Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum

The College of Charleston Foreign Language Department would like to
use
the online Placement Tests produced by BYU but is running into trouble
with the Student Advising Center because they do not want to handle
3000+ individual scores sent by email. How do universities who use
these
exams handle reporting the scores?  Any help with this problem will be
greatly appreciated.

Georgia Schlau
College of Charleston