MACSCRPT Archives

May 2003

MACSCRPT@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Rob Jorgensen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 May 2003 16:50:34 -0400
Howdy,

I've uploaded a couple of scripts which some of you might find useful.

Open Dictionary From Dock: When launched, does nothing. Subsequent
clicks on its Dock icon will open the dictionary of the frontmost app
(if scriptable) in a script editor. Scripts are provided for Script
Debugger and Script Editor 2 but it should be easy to modify for use
with Smile and other scriptable editors. Scripts based in part on
code by Daniel Jalkut of Red Sweater Software, maker of the
FastScripts menu (www.red-sweater.com).

<http://macscripter.net/scriptbuilders/category.php?id=1144>

Show Path Codes: This contains 83 of the 4-character codes which can
be used with the "path to" command to generate aliases to common Mac
OS folders. If a code that you need is missing, it's simple to edit
the script and add it to the list. The codes, and a local path
showing what they point to, are presented in a "choose from list"
dialog. From there, users can choose to dismiss the dialog or place a
ready to use "path to XXXX" snippet on the clipboard. The script can
easily be modified to insert the selected snippet into a document of
a scriptable editor instead of being sent to the clipboard. Run from
your favorite script menu or keyboard command for maximum efficiency.

<http://macscripter.net/scriptbuilders/category.php?id=1143>

All scripts tested with OS X 10.2.6. I don't know when the path codes
became available so I can't offer an accurate guess regarding
backward compatibility. <shrug>

--

Rob Jorgensen
Ohio, USA