MACSCRPT Archives

May 2003

MACSCRPT@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Mark Lively <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 May 2003 08:32:54 -0400
On Monday, May 19, 2003, at 01:34  AM, [log in to unmask] wrote:

> mount volume "Computer Lab Share" on server "DC1" as user name
> "username"
> with password "password"
> -- produces -5023 (afpUserNotAuth AFP User not authorized)

This should be

mount volume volume "Computer Lab Share"...

I think.  A lot of versions of AS required it to be that way.

> I am trying to connect from a Mac running Mac OS 8.6 to a windows 2000
> server
> with Macintosh services if that matters.

I seem to recall a problem with it and some win servers.  Search the
archives.

> So, no luck there either. Has anyone gotten this to work? Am I missing
> something?

I have gotten it to work but its hosey and flakey.

Usually what I do is I have a keychain set up with the authentication
and then have in the script

"" & alias "My Server:"

-Mark
It's a special kind of magic.