MACSCRPT Archives

May 2003

MACSCRPT@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

Date:
Mon, 19 May 2003 01:34:01 EDT
Hi,

I'm helping out in the computer lab at my son's school, and they would like
to automate a few things with AppleScript. One of the things they would like
to do is mount a server volume for each class before the kids sit down at the
computer. I have tried using "mount volume", but have not had any success.

Below are two different ways I've tried it, but I keep getting "AFP User not
authorized". I've replaced actual user names and passwords with "username"
and "password" to protect the innocent, but I have tried it with real
usernames and passwords that work perfectly well using the Chooser.

mount volume "afp://" & "username" & ":" & "password" & "@" & "172.16.8.1" &
"/" & "Computer Lab Share" & "/"
-- produces -5023 (afpUserNotAuth AFP User not authorized)

mount volume "Computer Lab Share" on server "DC1" as user name "username"
with password "password"
-- produces -5023 (afpUserNotAuth AFP User not authorized)

I am trying to connect from a Mac running Mac OS 8.6 to a windows 2000 server
with Macintosh services if that matters.

I also tried mount volume on my home Macs (Mac OS X file sharing) with an
AirPort network. I tried:

mount volume "Macintosh HD" on server "My Mac" as user name "username" with
password "password"
-- produces -1028 (nbpNotFound the NBP name not found when a remove operation
was requested)

So, no luck there either. Has anyone gotten this to work? Am I missing
something?

Thanks,

- Mike