MACSCRPT Archives

May 2003

MACSCRPT@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Ben Waldie <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 May 2003 16:32:02 -0400
Bill,

On Wednesday, May 7, 2003, at 03:59 PM, Bill Steele wrote:

> Photoshop 7.0 with scripting plugin on a G4 running 9.2.2. Applescript
> 1.8.3
>
> Open a file. Simplest thing in the world, right?
>
> Works until I get a dialog "the file has an embedded color profile
> that does not match the working space, which one do you want?" which
> of course screws up any automated batch processing.  the Open command
> has an option to ignore dialogs, but that doesn't cause it to ignore
> this one...Anybody know the correct syntax, or another way to bypass
> the dialog?
> Wouldn't it have been nice of them to include an example of opening a
> file in their sample scripts?  Naw, too simple to bother with.

There's a property of the application, called "display dialogs".  Did
you try setting this to "never"?  Here's what it says in the
dictionary...

        display dialogs always/error dialogs/never  -- controls whether or not
Photoshop displays dialogs

I don't know if this will work for you, but it may be worth a try.

- Ben

Benjamin S. Waldie
Automated Workflows, LLC
AppleScript and Workflow Automation