MACSCRPT Archives

May 2003

MACSCRPT@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Walter Ian Kaye <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 30 May 2003 13:51:37 -0700
At 03:09a +1300 05/31/2003, Joe Barwell didst inscribe upon an
electronic papyrus:

>Incidentally, when one manually uses GraphicConverter (3.6.2) to edit
>an image's comment ("Special" menu), the image itself is not
>opened/resaved. <shrug>  Have you tried asking its creator to make
>the app. script in a similar way?  Have you considered "playing" GC's
>UI to do this, rather than scripting it properly?  I've suggested a
>fair number of different possibilities, now, but I don't have OSX
>here to test any of them, so you'll have to do that for yourself.

Well I have GC 4.6.1 on OS X... hmm, in the "GraphicConverter Suite"
there is a command called 'change comment' but it refuses to compile
-- in fact, I put in the raw event codes and it wouldn't decompile to
terminology. I think there's a bug there.

>>Seems very complex. I am a little more leery of such a direct manipulation.
>
>Which begs the question why apparently indirect manipulation is less
>leer-inducing in some folk

I don't think that's the leeriness inducer.

>I'm making no promises that I've properly understood the JPEG file
>structure

I think that's it. ;)

-boo
  Walter Ian Kaye, Menlo Park, CA, USA | Macintosh Scripter, Web Developer,
  http://www.natural-innovations.com/  | Guitarist, Songwriter, Actor, and
                                       | Whole Grain Baker
  (())  ascii ribbon campaign:
   XX   just say no to HTML/RTF in email and usenet
  //\\  and no to Web sites that do not fully support Lynx