MACSCRPT Archives

May 2003

MACSCRPT@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Eric Schult <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 30 May 2003 10:14:36 -0500
on 5/30/03 7:04 AM, Steven H. Blackwell at [log in to unmask] wrote:

> I don't know what issues you're having with this, but the following
> script works correctly for me in FMP 6.0v4 and OS X (10.2.3)--watch the
> line wraps:
>
> show (every record of database 1 whose cell "x" contains "y" and cell
> "x2" does not contain "y2")
>
> Or, you could use this syntax:
>
> tell application "FileMaker Pro"
> show (every record of database 1 whose cell "x" contains "y")
> show (every record of document 1 whose cell "x2" does not contains "y2")
> end tell

Has FMP 6.0v4 fixed the notorious "whose" bug that's been dogging scripters
on this list for many moons, then? Is there a FMP 6.0v4 Unlimited? I don't
see an upgrade on FMP's web site for it. I see FMP and Developer, but not
Unlimited.

The whole "whose" bug question was hotly disputed last year, with some
scripters claiming they'd never had a problem with this. I was in quiet
agreement with them up till moving to OS 10.2.x. I never had trouble with
"whose" in OS 9.2.2 and any incarnation of FMP from 5.0-6.0v1. Now, with OS
10.2. and FMP 6.0v1, I can't run "whose" commands reliably. They work
sometimes, but blow up FMP too often to risk using in production.

I'm suspicious that this phenomenon might indicate a conflict with some
popular osaxen or some such, since it's not universal.

- WES