MACSCRPT Archives

May 2003

MACSCRPT@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Steve Roy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 May 2003 10:25:57 -0400
[log in to unmask] (Mark Lively) wrote:

> Well this needs to be done sooner than that.  I think i sussed the
> Carbon calls to get the flags where it is stored and the bits I need to
> twiddle. (bits 1,2,3) of fdFlags which is part of the fdInfo record...

You're right Mark that the information is indeed stored. It's just that the OS X
Finder doesn't show it. This can be verified with ResEdit in Classic mode. You
can get the info of a file and set its label.

As to being able to access this from AppleScript, you'd have to write an osax to
do it. That's probably not too hard to do, seeing that the GetLabel call is
included in Carbon. However the Finder still won't show it.

Steve

--
Steve Roy <[log in to unmask]>
Personal homepage: <http://homepage.mac.com/sroy>