MACSCRPT Archives

May 2003

MACSCRPT@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
David Livesay <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 May 2003 23:49:34 -0400
On Monday, May 26, 2003, at 09:08  PM, Paul Berkowitz wrote:

> On 5/26/03 5:35 PM, "Chip Griffin" <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>
>> Why does this script:
>>
>> -- Begin Script
>> set theItem to {alias "Macintosh HD:Users:chip:Pictures:dog_cats.jpg"}
>> tell application "Finder"
>>         set comment of item theItem to "Test Test"
>> end tell
>> -- End Script
>>
>> Yield this error:
>>         "Finder got this error: A descriptor type mismatch occurred."
>>
>> I receive the same error if I tried to set a variable to the "comment
>> of item theItem".
>
> You've managed to make the most convoluted expression out of the
> simplest
> things.

You don't need to take that tone.

I think he's confused because the GraphicConvertor example I posted had
a list as the object of the open command. I did that because I thought
it might be useful for the person who asked the question to know that
GC would accept a list of aliases, even though the script wasn't
written to take advantage of it. I didn't mean to confuse anyone, but
apparently I did.

--
Dave
====