LLTI Archives

April 2003, Week 5

From:
Date:
Tue, 29 Apr 2003 08:49:21 EDT
--- Forwarded Message from "Mariana Pomphile" <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2003 08:30:36 -0400
>From: "Mariana Pomphile" <[log in to unmask]>
>To: <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Re: #7135 lab attendance tracking

We use a card reader and students are required to sign in at the front
desk when they come in and sign out when they leave. If a student
forgets to sign out they loose all their time.  Students can sign in
with their ID card or with their social security number.  IT wrote a
protocol and it runs with the student database of the school, so the
following screen after the student swipes the card is one that asks
which class you want the student sign in to (the options are all the
classes the student is registered within the language and literature
department).
At the end of the week we print out reports of all kinds.
If you need more information email me at [log in to unmask]
Mariana

Mariana Pomphile
Language Lab Director
Department of Language and Literature
North Georgia College & State University
(706) 864-1682