LLTI Archives

April 2003, Week 4

From:
Date:
Fri, 25 Apr 2003 15:18:56 EDT
--- Forwarded Message from Paul Ruppert <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2003 13:42:17 -0400
>From: Paul Ruppert <[log in to unmask]>
>To: Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum   <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Re: #7130 Gatekeeper

------------------
With the high cost of ISDN, the IP solution made sense on our campus.  We have a
RadVision Gateway/Gatekeeper that has worked very reliably for over 2 years
now.  We also have a centralised Multipoint Conference Unit (MCU) from Avaya for
doing multipoint calls with up to twelve endpoints.  Our IP infrastructure is
rock solid, but if you are concerned, you could look at traffic statistics on
your routers to look for saturation points and bottlenecks.  There is often no
need to implement QoS through hardware.  We have even done some
videoconferencing over our wireless network.

Paul

--
Paul Ruppert
Director, Instructional Technology for Humanities and Social Sciences