LLTI Archives

April 2003, Week 3

From:
Date:
Thu, 17 Apr 2003 13:24:12 EDT
--- Forwarded Message from LeeAnn Stone <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2003 19:58:17 -0700
>To: [log in to unmask]
>From: LeeAnn Stone <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Hosting "Teaching with Technology" workshop

Colleagues,

         It's that time of the year again when the call goes out to schools
interested in hosting the IALLT/ACTFL/Houghton Mifflin "Teaching with
Technology" workshop in the subsequent academic year (2003-2004). Houghton
Mifflin continues to underwrite this 2-day traveling workshop for the
benefit of our faculty and institutions, and again this year will be
providing hosting institutions with 10 free registrations for their faculty
to attend the workshop at their campus.
         This workshop is a marvelous opportunity to provide quality
professional development for your faculty, as well as to showcase your
institution and facilities. Many campuses have used this workshop as an
outreach opportunity for their local high schools.
         I have appended some information regarding the workshop below.
Feel free to contact me for further information and if you are interested
in scheduling a workshop at your campus.

LeeAnn Stone

Hosting a $E3Foreign Languages: Teaching with Technology$E4 Workshop

Workshop Description
Faculty Development Programs, the International Association for Language
Learning Technology and the American Council on the Teaching of Foreign
Languages present a series of two-day workshops that bring together the
technology expertise of IALLT with the hands-on tradition of ACTFL$E2s
instructional workshops.  Intended for language educators, the workshops
assist participants in the use of technology in the teaching of foreign
languages within the framework of the national standards for foreign
language learning.

The Benefits of Hosting a $E3Foreign Languages: Teaching with Technology$E4
Workshop Include

§       up to ten free registrations for host institution attendees

§       an on-site training for your staff without incurring travel expenses

§       an opportunity to serve as a site for collaboration and interaction
among regional language professionals

§       an opportunity to showcase your programs and labs to surrounding
institutions

§       national exposure as a partner in this event

§       an opportunity to promote other events that your institution is
presenting

Faculty Development Programs Provides

§       An educational event created and presented by ACTFL, IALLT, and FDP
on your campus

§       Experienced facilitators with national reputations to present the
workshop

§       Promotion of this event in ACTFL, IALLT, and FDP advertising as
well as through several national organizations and websites

§       Honoraria, travel, lodging and expenses for facilitators

§       Collection of fees and registrations

§       All workshop materials including handouts, participant list, badges
and certification of participation

§       Negotiated rates with local hotels

§       Payment for catered meals and breaks at the workshop

§       A letter of agreement to host institution outlining
responsibilities of FDP and host institution

§       Materials to be used to promote workshop to your institution and
area schools