LLTI Archives

April 2003, Week 2

From:
Date:
Wed, 9 Apr 2003 16:06:16 EDT
--- Forwarded Message from Leslie Graul <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Tue, 08 Apr 2003 15:44:13 -0400
>From: Leslie Graul <[log in to unmask]>
>To: Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum     <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Re: #7109.1 Al Jazeera

According to the web site,   SCOLA has been carrying Al-Jazeera broadcasts Tuesdays and Thursdays at 6:30 PM Eastern
time since April 1st.  (I just checked; I'm glad I did).  In fact, they are getting a number of additions to the
programming lineup:  Afghanistan News from Kabul in Pashto and Dari, News from Nepal, UN Documentaries in several
languages, and Latvian News, all on Channel 1.  They are also hoping to work out a few technical difficulties in
order to get broadcasts from North Korea, the Ivory Coast, and Nigeria, in Igbo and Yoruba.   These are all in their
native languages, and I believe that all of them are unedited.

Leslie Graul