LLTI Archives

April 2003, Week 2

From:
Date:
Wed, 9 Apr 2003 16:05:48 EDT
--- Forwarded Message from Bradley Gano <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Tue, 08 Apr 2003 13:53:36 -0400
>To: Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum               <[log in to unmask]>
>From: Bradley Gano <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Re: #7109.1 Al Jazeera
>Cc: [log in to unmask]

------------------
Hi Ed,

We use the DishNetwork service and receive the Arabic Elite package (and
most of the other channels--including international news, though I'm not
sure whether it has BBC World News). Students can drop in and watch it
individually, or instructors can bring their classes here. The DishNetwork
receivers have TiVo functionality, which is cool, too--if you're watching
live FL programming and miss something, you can rewind and replay. We've
advertised the service, but frankly I think it's drastically underutilized.

Ursula, nice use of the subjunctive. I have a hypothetical kitchen here
that works much the same way.

Brad

Bradley Gano
Associate Director