LLTI Archives

April 2003, Week 2

From:
Date:
Wed, 9 Apr 2003 16:06:21 EDT
--- Forwarded Message from "Mary Ball" <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Tue, 08 Apr 2003 16:33:32 -0400
>From: "Mary Ball" <[log in to unmask]>
>To: <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: #7109 Al-Jazeera

------------------
Ed,
         Scola is now offering some limited broadcasts of Al-Jaszeera's half-hour evening news hour.  If you have Scola, check there.
         Here's an interesting note:  I recalled from an NPR story last weekend a mention that Al-Jazeera was streaming live, so yesrterday I tried to check their websites in English and Arabic.  I couldn't find streaming at their new, temporary, English-language website, (the previous one having been pulled down after hackers attacked it) but found a video button at the Arabic site.  However, on two different Internet connections (school and broadband at home), the video never appeared.  Perhaps that is temporary, too.

Mary Ball

Mary Ball
Instructor, French/Director, Language Lab
Ashland University
Ashland, OH  44805
(tel) 419 289-5945
(fax) 419 289-5791