LLTI Archives

April 2003, Week 1

From:
Date:
Fri, 4 Apr 2003 15:37:44 EST
--- Forwarded Message from Jerald Nichols <[log in to unmask]> ---

>From: Jerald Nichols <[log in to unmask]>
>To: "L-Soft list server at Dartmouth College ([log in to unmask])"      <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Recording Problem with Sony Language Lab
>Date: Fri, 4 Apr 2003 12:24:07 -0500

Dear Colleagues,

Our language lab was installed by Sony.  The main console uses Sony
Conductor Companion Software for the LLC-8000A Learning System Version 3.8.
The student PCs use Sony Soloist Version 6.5.2.  Sometimes when a student is
recording, his/her computer crashes.  We were using Soloist Version 6.2.
Sony gave us a Version 6.5.2 .exe file and told us to copy it over Version
6.2.  This has not solved the problem.  Has anyone had experience with this
problem with a Sony lab?  Have you successfully fixed it?  If so, how?  I
would be interested in any suggestions.  Thank you.

Jerald A. Nichols

Foreign Language Department

Shrewsbury Senior High School

http://www.ci.shrewsbury.ma.us/Sps/Schools/High/HSindex.html