LLTI Archives

March 2003, Week 4

From:
Date:
Mon, 24 Mar 2003 11:45:52 EST
--- Forwarded Message from Jack Burston <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2003 11:32:27 -0500
>From: Jack Burston <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Headphone/mics
>To:  Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum    <[log in to unmask]>,       Calico discussion list <[log in to unmask]>

This message was originally submitted by [log in to unmask] to the LLTI list
at LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU. If  you simply forward it back to  the list, using a
mail command  that generates "Resent-" fields  (ask your local user  support or
consult  the documentation  of  your mail  program  if in  doubt),  it will  be
distributed  and  the  explanations  you   are  now  reading  will  be  removed
automatically. If on the other hand you edit the contributions you receive into
a digest, you will have to  remove this paragraph manually. Finally, you should
be able  to contact  the author  of this  message by  using the  normal "reply"
function of your mail program.

----------------- Message requiring your approval (18 lines) ------------------
Dear Colleagues,

Since the question of headphone/mics comes up regularly on the listservs, I
thought it would be worthwhile to pass along my recent experience with the
SoundSource (SOUN001) Deluxe Stereo Padded Headset with Microphone. On
paper, it looked very attractive and at less than $16 (from Provantage.com)
I decided to order one for evaluation. Unfortunately, I immediately
discovered that it fit poorly.  When I tried to adjust the headphones for a
better fit, the very thin wire connecting the ear cup to the headset broke
in my hand. This is very definitely a product to stay clear of.  Jack
--
Jack Burston, Ph.D.
Director