LLTI Archives

March 2003, Week 4

From:
Date:
Mon, 24 Mar 2003 11:46:02 EST
--- Forwarded Message from "W. E. Adolph" <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2003 14:23:10 -0500
>To: Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum               <[log in to unmask]>
>From: "W. E. Adolph" <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Re: #7062.4 Headphones for Computer Lab (!) - Vendor?

This message  was originally submitted  by [log in to unmask] to  the LLTI
list at  LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU. If  you simply  forward it  back to  the list,
using  a mail  command that  generates "Resent-"  fields (ask  your local  user
support or consult the documentation of your mail program if in doubt), it will
be  distributed and  the  explanations  you are  now  reading  will be  removed
automatically. If on the other hand you edit the contributions you receive into
a digest, you will have to  remove this paragraph manually. Finally, you should
be able  to contact  the author  of this  message by  using the  normal "reply"
function of your mail program.

---------------- Message requiring your approval (102 lines) ------------------
Has anyone done business with, and what was the experience
http://www.schooloutfitters.com

They seem to have rather steep discounts for the Califone products $ 26
(compared to $47 list) .
Thanks,
Wolfgang

At 05:09 PM 3/5/03 -0500, you wrote:
>--- Forwarded Message from Françoise
>Sorgen-Goldschmidt      <[log in to unmask]> ---

> >Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2003 11:07:03 -0800
> >To: Language Learning and Technology International Information
> Forum               <[log in to unmask]>
> >From: Françoise Sorgen-Goldschmidt      <[log in to unmask]>
> >Subject: Re: #7062.2 Headphones for Computer Lab (!)
>
>So did we here at UC Berkeley, polled the list then (try LLTI
>archives), came up with same CALIFONE conclusion, and are very
>pleased with results.
>Francoise
>
>Francoise Sorgen-Goldschmidt
>Senior Lecturer in French #2580
>4125 Dwinelle Hall
>Berkeley CA 94720-2580
>Office Phone:   (510) 642 2182
>Dept. Phone:    (510) 642 2712
>Dept. Fax (NEW): (510) 642-8852
>Check out http://www.elanglab.com !
>
> >--- Forwarded Message from "Read Gilgen" <[log in to unmask]> ---
> >
> >>Date: Tue, 04 Mar 2003 08:08:47 -0600
> >>From: "Read Gilgen" <[log in to unmask]>
> >>To: <[log in to unmask]>
> >>Subject: Re: #7062 Headphones for Computer Lab
> >
> >------------------
> >We just went through this process and found that you can get (1)
> >attractive expensive or (2) reasonable ugly or (3) attractive cheap
> >and not very durable.  We ended up getting the Califone 3066AV for
> >about $33 each from EPA Audio Visual.  The light duty headsets work,
> >but don't block out sound very well and aren't very durable for a
> >lab situation.  There's a Telex model that looks great, but was
> >quite pricey and didn't even perform as well as the Califone.  The
> >Califone also has a volume knob on the headset, and a very sturdy
> >gooseneck boom mic.  They're rather ugly (very 60's looking), but
> >maybe that's actually a plus... they won't wander off so quickly.
> >
> >You can see the specs at www.califone.com.
> >
> >Hope this helps...

> >--- Forwarded Message from "Victoria Badalamenti"
> >
> >>Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2003 12:43:17 -0500
> >>From: "Victoria Badalamenti" <[log in to unmask]>
> >>To: <[log in to unmask]>
> >>Subject: Headphones for Computer Lab
> >
> >------------------
> >In The English Language Center here at LaGuardia Community College,
> >we use the computer lab also for listening classes.  We are trying
> >to buy headphones that can be connected to the computer so that
> >students can listen to certain sites as well as record their voices.
> >
> >Do you have any contacts of vendors that sell these headphones,
> >addresses, cost, quality information that you could give me?  Thanks
> >in advance.
> >
> >Victoria Badalamenti
> >Director
> >The English Language Center
> >LaGuardia Community College
> >Phone:  (718) 482-5363
> >
> >Fax:  (718) 609-2004

Wolfgang E. Adolph
Fac. Coord. for Computer Issues
Department of Mod. Lang. & Linguistics - DIF 316
Florida State University
Tallahassee, FL 32306
(904) 644-8192/681-0635
(904) 644-0524 fax
http://www.fsu.edu/~modlang/
Man muß noch ein bißchen Chaos in sich haben,
um einen tanzenden Stern gebären zu können.
(Nietzsche)