LLTI Archives

March 2003, Week 3

From:
Date:
Wed, 19 Mar 2003 09:35:21 EST
--- Forwarded Message from Jack Burston <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2003 10:00:23 -0500
>From: Jack Burston <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Scanner OCR recommendation
>To: Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum    <[log in to unmask]>

This message was originally submitted by [log in to unmask] to the LLTI list
at LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU. If  you simply forward it back to  the list, using a
mail command  that generates "Resent-" fields  (ask your local user  support or
consult  the documentation  of  your mail  program  if in  doubt),  it will  be
distributed  and  the  explanations  you   are  now  reading  will  be  removed
automatically. If on the other hand you edit the contributions you receive into
a digest, you will have to  remove this paragraph manually. Finally, you should
be able  to contact  the author  of this  message by  using the  normal "reply"
function of your mail program.

----------------- Message requiring your approval (14 lines) ------------------
Dear Colleagues,

I'm currently looking to purchase a scanner and associated OCR software
capable of handling Western European as well as Japanese text.  If you have
any experience with this and give me some product recommendations, I would
be much obliged.  Thanks in advance, Jack
--
Jack Burston, Ph.D.
Director