LLTI Archives

March 2003, Week 2

From:
Date:
Wed, 12 Mar 2003 11:04:34 EST
--- Forwarded Message from jeremy c munson <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2003 12:15:04 -0800 (PST)
>From: jeremy c munson <[log in to unmask]>
>To: Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum    <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Video Conferencing Usage

------------------

Hello all,

We are currently attempting to obtain funding to add Polycom ViaVideo
desktop cameras to a lab; however, the funding council requests that we
obtain justification for the number of requested cameras by getting usage
information from other labs.

Might those of you who use video technology (either in your lab or at a
lab in your university) let me know any of the following?:

1) How many desktop cameras are available and if so, in how many labs?
2) Do you have usage statistics for those cameras/stations?
3) Are there student accessible labs in other areas of the campus?
4) What is the size of your institution?

Thanks in advance for any responses. Getting this information is really
important for us. If you respond directly to me, I'll send a summary email
to the list.

Regards,

J. Munson
University of Washington