LLTI Archives

March 2003, Week 1

From:
Date:
Tue, 4 Mar 2003 13:28:18 EST
--- Forwarded Message from "Read Gilgen" <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Tue, 04 Mar 2003 08:08:47 -0600
>From: "Read Gilgen" <[log in to unmask]>
>To: <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Re: #7062 Headphones for Computer Lab

------------------
We just went through this process and found that you can get (1) attractive expensive or (2) reasonable ugly or (3) attractive cheap and not very durable.  We ended up getting the Califone 3066AV for about $33 each from EPA Audio Visual.  The light duty headsets work, but don't block out sound very well and aren't very durable for a lab situation.  There's a Telex model that looks great, but was quite pricey and didn't even perform as well as the Califone.  The Califone also has a volume knob on the headset, and a very sturdy gooseneck boom mic.  They're rather ugly (very 60's looking), but maybe that's actually a plus... they won't wander off so quickly.

You can see the specs at www.califone.com.

Hope this helps...

>>> [log in to unmask] 02/28/03 02:34PM >>>
--- Forwarded Message from "Victoria Badalamenti" <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2003 12:43:17 -0500
>From: "Victoria Badalamenti" <[log in to unmask]>
>To: <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Headphones for Computer Lab

In The English Language Center here at LaGuardia Community College, we use the computer lab also for listening classes.  We are trying to buy headphones that can be connected to the computer so that students can listen to certain sites as well as record their voices.

Do you have any contacts of vendors that sell these headphones, addresses, cost, quality information that you could give me?  Thanks in advance.

Victoria Badalamenti
Director
The English Language Center
LaGuardia Community College