LLTI Archives

March 2003, Week 1

From:
Date:
Fri, 7 Mar 2003 10:46:57 EST
--- Forwarded Message from "Dennis D. Magnuson" <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2003 17:53:45 -0600
>To: Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum               <[log in to unmask]>
>From: "Dennis D. Magnuson" <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Re: #7069 Spanish Pronunciation application

------------------
LLTI Colleagues:

I will be teaching Spanish Phonetics next fall and have just started
looking over a piece of software that I received a year or two ago.
It is called
Pronunciación y fonética  v.2.0  and was authored by Patricia V.
Lunn, Dept of Romance and Classical Langs at Michigan State.

My first peek makes clear that this program does have a place in the
phonetics course I'll be teaching, and it does have a number of
exercises for listening practice, and allow for the recording of
one's voice.  Of course there is quite a bit of other material that
will be beyond what a beginner might need, so potential users will
have to evaluate its appropriateness.

According to the specs, system reqs are a Mac PowerPC or Windows 95/98/NT

The included ph num   is  517 432 2286

The software was produced under the CLEAR (Ctr for Lang Educ and
Research) at MSU.

If others have more information regarding this kind of software,
please share it with the LIST or forward it to me off-list.  I will
summarize what I get if there is sufficient response.

Dennis D. Magnuson
end

--
Dennis D. Magnuson