LLTI Archives

February 2003, Week 4

From:
Date:
Mon, 24 Feb 2003 16:17:44 EST
--- Forwarded Message from John de Szendeffy <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2003 09:37:45 -0500
>From: John de Szendeffy <[log in to unmask]>
>To: Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum     <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Re: #7039.3 language software compatible with OSX (!)

------------------
I can't help but wonder what software developer that develops for the
Mac under OS 9 and earlier would decide to abandon the platform when it
makes the leap in stability, power, and flexibility that OS X
represents. OS X isn't merely an option for users interested in the Mac:
It is the Mac. But a year is a long time in this business, especially
when we're talking about a platform that is in the midst of its biggest
development since the introduction of the Mac in 1984. So perhaps a
survey just needs to be updated. I'm also not sure I would "feel save in
assum[ing]" that someone who doesn't respond to a survey is or isn't
taking a certain course of action. I get solicited nearly every day by
E-mail, phone, and mail surveys, some of which I might even consider
important. I just don't often have the time to respond to them.

John de Szendeffy       <[log in to unmask]>
Multimedia Language Lab
Center for English Language and Orientation Programs
Boston University
ph 617.353.7957       fx 617.353.6195
Lab:            http://www.bu.edu/celop/mll
WebFeat:        http://people.bu.edu/johndesz/