LLTI Archives

February 2003, Week 4

From:
Date:
Thu, 27 Feb 2003 08:17:20 EST
--- Forwarded Message from "Carol H. Reitan" <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2003 10:32:44 -0800 (PST)
>From: "Carol H. Reitan" <[log in to unmask]>
>To: Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum    <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Job search pages in Chinese?

------------------
Hello,

One of our instructors of Mandarin is teaching an intermediate Chinese
class that is part of a job skills program. Her students will be searching
for available jobs on the internet, then giving an oral presentation in
Mandarin about their search. Students can do research in English and/or
Chinese (many are native speakers of Cantonese who can already read
characters).  She's asked me to identify job search sites and show her
students how to input in Chinese in the search engines. That I can do, but
since I don't know Chinese, I can't identify or evaluate useful job search
sites. Do any of you know:

Do such sites exist in Chinese? Are there perhaps sites housed on US
servers in Chinese that address job searches? or available jobs? Are
their such sites in China, Taiwan, or other Chinese speaking places?

URLs of possible sites are welcome. I will check with the instructor
before the class to make sure they're appropriate for what she wants, but
she doesn't know where to start, and I can't read Chinese. Any help will
be very much appreciated. Thank you.

carol
Carol Reitan, Language Center
Instructor of French