LLTI Archives

February 2003, Week 4

From:
Date:
Fri, 28 Feb 2003 15:34:55 EST
--- Forwarded Message from John de Szendeffy <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2003 12:50:41 -0500
>From: John de Szendeffy <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Writing tools in the CALL lab

I'm trying to get a feel for the extent to which FL or SL writing
teachers that use a computer lab still use specialized writing programs,
such as Daedalus Integrated Writing Environment (DIWE) or CommonSpace.
 Or have some of the editing and collaborative functions of MS Word,
such as inserting Comments, and Tracking Changes, replaced some of the
need for the specialized programs? Do you use other writing programs in
your lab, such as ones to help develop a story a step at a time, such as
StoryWeaver?  Do you have other comments on the advantages of using such
programs over word processors (Word, AppleWorks, WordPerfect, etc.), if any?

I'm interested in feedback from ESL/EFL and foreign language teachers
and lab personnel.

Thanks,

-John
John de Szendeffy       <[log in to unmask]>
Multimedia Language Lab
Center for English Language and Orientation Programs
Boston University
ph 617.353.7957       fx 617.353.6195
Lab:            http://www.bu.edu/celop/mll
WebFeat:        http://people.bu.edu/johndesz/