LLTI Archives

February 2003, Week 3

From:
Date:
Wed, 19 Feb 2003 13:22:31 EST
--- Forwarded Message from Dennie Hoopingarner <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2003 07:16:47 -0500
>Subject: First-year self-instructional courses
>From: Dennie Hoopingarner <[log in to unmask]>
>To: <[log in to unmask]>

At Michigan State, we are testing the program Tesoros for first-year
Spanish. Rather than self-instructional, though, we are teaching it in a
hybrid mode, with students in a teacher-fronted classroom half the
conventional time, and the other half using the software. We're in the first
semester of trying it out, so it's hard to tell how effective this setup
will be, but early reports are promising.

Dennie Hoopingarner
Director, Language Learning Center
Michigan State University