LLTI Archives

February 2003, Week 1

From:
Date:
Mon, 3 Feb 2003 10:01:13 EST
--- Forwarded Message from David Herren <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2003 21:21:57 -0500
>Subject: Re: #701 SECAM DVD, is there such a beast?
>From: David Herren <[log in to unmask]>
>To: Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum    <[log in to unmask]>

------------------
There are no SECAM DVDs, only PAL and NTSC, plus of course the disc
regions.

On Thursday, January 30, 2003, at 03:09  PM, LLTI-Editor wrote:

> We've just purchased a DAEWOO DVD-5800 Mutli-Region DVD Player with
> PAL conversion and are finally able to watch some DVDs a professor
> purchased in Spain a few years back. However, before I announce on our
> faculty listserv that professors can now bring back DVDs from their
> overseas adventures, I'd like to know if there is such a thing as a
> SECAM DVD? The player I bought does PAL conversion, but the
> documentation does not mention SECAM, and I've not been able to
> confirm the existence of SECAM DVDs after running a few Google
> searches. Was European integration not supposed to gradually eliminate
> the SECAM standard? Are French DVDs PAL format or are they still > SECAM?

/david

--
david herren - shoreham, vt us na terra solsys orionarm

"These terrorists acts and, you know, the responses have got to end in
order for us to get the framework--the groundwork--not framework, the
groundwork to discuss a framework for peace, to lay the--all right."

-George W. Bush, Crawford, TX, Aug 13, 2001