LLTI Archives

February 2003, Week 1

From:
Date:
Tue, 4 Feb 2003 17:00:51 EST
--- Forwarded Message from Dennie Hoopingarner <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Tue, 04 Feb 2003 09:45:13 +0800
>Subject: Placement exam
>From: Dennie Hoopingarner <[log in to unmask]>
>To: <[log in to unmask]>

We developed placement tests in-house for French, German and Spanish. It has
been in place for over two years, and we are very happy with it.

The test is web-based, and we encourage students to take the test before
they come to campus for orientation.

Advisors and coordinators report less switching between levels at the
beginning of the semesters since we implemented the placement test.

If anyone is interested in more details of the test, please contact me
off-list.

Dennie Hoopingarner
Director, Language Learning Center
Michigan State University