LLTI Archives

February 2003, Week 1

From:
Date:
Tue, 4 Feb 2003 17:00:19 EST
--- Forwarded Message from Michael Bush <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Mon, 03 Feb 2003 17:07:23 -0700
>From: Michael Bush <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: RE: #7015 DVD's of foreign films
>To: "'Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum'"    <[log in to unmask]>
>Cc: [log in to unmask]

------------------
I purchased a Sampo 611 for my personal use at home and we love it. I
also just purchased the current equivalent model for use in with my
student teachers and methods classes. It is a Sampo 612, and it was less
trouble for this model than for mine to remove the region checking so
that it plays all regions (BTW Region 1 is the US and Region 2 is
Europe).

These players both take the PAL video from the DVD and output NTSC for
display on standard US televisions and monitors. I paid $127 at eBay for
my 611 and we paid $96 plus shipping to some place in Arizona for the
612.

Just enter Sampo 612 on Google and you will find lots of sources.

Cheers,

Michael Bush
Associate Professor of French and
Instructional Psychology and Technology