LLTI Archives

January 2003, Week 4

From:
Date:
Mon, 27 Jan 2003 10:04:11 EST
--- Forwarded Message from John DuQuette <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Sun, 26 Jan 2003 01:40:32 -0500
>To: LLTI-Editor <[log in to unmask]>
>From: John DuQuette <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Beta Evaluators -- New Technology

We are looking for a few online beta evaluators/testers.

- You must have Quicktime 6 on your computer, Mac or PC.
- No Windows 2000 or Mac OS 9, Mac must be OS 10, 10.2 is best.
- Windows 98 is OK.
- Computer should be fairly new and speedy with plenty of ram.

This prototype has a target language of Icelandic and is localized
in English, German, French, and Norwegian. (Though English is
most complete.) Utilizes video extensively as well as real time
language tools. Designed as a virtual immersion and exploration
tool -- very much learner centered and content driven, using
extremely authentic material.

Obviously most of us are not working a lot with Icelandic,
but we are just demonstrating the flexibility of our
authoring tools and user interface here --
evaluation should be interesting whether you have
an interest in Icelandic or not. Other languages will follow.

Tell us briefly who you are, what your position is, and what you do,
your phone and email,
and we will set you up with access to the prototype.

John DuQuette
Yabla, Inc.
212 226 2370