LLTI Archives

January 2003, Week 4

From:
Date:
Fri, 24 Jan 2003 08:48:20 EST
--- Forwarded Message from Françoise Sorgen-Goldschmidt      <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2003 10:00:22 -0800
>To: Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum               <[log in to unmask]>
>From: Françoise Sorgen-Goldschmidt      <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Re: #6901 Audio in on e-Macs

Daniel,

1. I was quite pleasantly surprised actually by the quality of the
built-in mic on my iMac (lamp), recording with audioX 1.0.  If you
are not familiar with audioX 1.0., the replacement for the old Simple
Sound, the only thing to remember is that you need to choose a
location where you'll save the file first, before the record and play
button light up so you can record. (The notion of saving before you
have anything to save was a little counter-intuitive for me!)

2. You CAN use "one of those nifty ugly CALIFONE headsets" (i agree
on both adjectives, would add reasonably priced and comfortable to
the list) as long as you purchase a $30 or $35 iMic.  Choose iMic USB
audio system as input setting for audioX 1.0. (default is built-in)
The result is excellent.

Francoise Sorgen-Goldschmidt

Francoise Sorgen-Goldschmidt
Senior Lecturer in French #2580