LLTI Archives

January 2003, Week 4

From:
Date:
Tue, 28 Jan 2003 08:39:50 EST
--- Forwarded Message from Marlene Johnshoy <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2003 10:37:53 -0600
>To: LLTI-Editor <[log in to unmask]>
>From: Marlene Johnshoy <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Re: #7000.1 seeking digital camera recommendations (!)

I just bought the Olympus D-720 with an 8x optical zoom and 3.0 mpix
- and I love it!   You can set it on AUTO and it does everything for
you, or you can set it specifically to change the aperture, shutter
speed, everything - or anything inbetween.    It works for the novice
or the shutterbug who wants full control.

When we compared 2 Sonys and 2 different Olympus cameras at our
family reunion last summer, we found the Olympus cameras to have much
clearer photos and better color than the Sonys (one of which was
mine), even at lower mpixels.

You don't need the Olympus software to download the photos - it comes
with a USB cable.  Just plug it in and it works like a floppy!   But
the software is really nifty for creating index sheets of all the
photos you've got.

Also - I got it at OfficeMax for $100 less than the $499 listed price
everywhere else.

Marlene