LLTI Archives

January 2003, Week 4

From:
Date:
Mon, 27 Jan 2003 10:04:15 EST
--- Forwarded Message from "Read Gilgen" <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Fri, 24 Jan 2003 08:00:40 -0600
>From: "Read Gilgen" <[log in to unmask]>
>To: <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Re: #7000 seeking digital camera recommendations

------------------
A photographer friend of ours swears by the Canon for ease of use.  We have varying models (Epson, Olympus, HP) and all are pretty much point and shoot...  but we all know that users can make *anything* complicated. <grin>

>>> [log in to unmask] 01/24/03 07:48AM >>>
--- Forwarded Message from Bradley Gano <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2003 21:58:47 -0500
>To: Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum               <[log in to unmask]>
>From: Bradley Gano <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: seeking digital camera recommendations

------------------
Hi all,

I'm seeking recommendations for models of digital (still) cameras, mostly
for loaning to faculty for shooting stuff to go on the web. We're looking
at the $200 - $350 models. EASE OF USE is probably the major requirement
(good, consistent, intuitive user interface).

We have two Kodaks now, a DC280 and DC3400, which are really easy to use.
But, we're disinclined to buy more Kodaks because both of these have broken
and required repair (the zoom mechanism broke on both).

We're now looking at the various Nikon Coolpix and Canon Powershot models,
but I was wondering if anyone had specific suggestions or war stories to share.

thanks,
Brad

Bradley Gano
Assistant Director for Technology